Meeting Our New Administrators

We wanted to give a warm welcome to our new administrators, Mrs. Barkus and Mrs. Koozer, that joined us this year at Beyer High School.  We need to appreciate our new faculty members because without their guidance, our school would not run as efficient. They are both very important in the education of each and every student enrolled here at Beyer. They are here to help us succeed and reach life’s goals.

Mrs. Rachelle Barkus is our Associate Principal of Curriculum and Instruction. She was a principal at Garrison Elementary School for three years. Before that, she was a teacher at Johansen High School. Mrs. Barkus wanted to come work at Beyer because she heard great things about the school, students, and staff. She also was really excited to work at a high school level. Her favorite part of being an administrator is giving support to the teachers and students. Mrs. Barkus has many responsibilities. She is in charge of the master schedule, which is making sure that there is the right number of students in each classroom. She also can see which teacher is teaching every class each period. Her biggest expectation for this year is “to have the best year ever”.

Mrs. Julie Koozer is our Assistant Principal of Student Supervision and Attendance. Her previous job was an Assistant Principal at Sonora High School. Mrs. Koozer wanted to work at Beyer High School because she believes that Beyer is the best high school in Modesto City Schools. Another reason for her to work at Beyer was that she was relocating with her husband from Sonora and was selected by Mr. Park. Her favorite part about being an administrator is getting to know the students.  Mrs. Koozer’s main responsibilities are to ensure students stay in class and to receive good grades. She also holds students accountable for attendance and deals with behavior support. Mrs. Koozer has many expectations for this year. She wants to further extend support at school and acknowledge good behavior. She wants students to be recognized for doing the right things and she wants everybody to be kind to one another. Her main goal for Beyer this year, is to show love to one another.

We appreciate everything these two wonderful ladies do for all our students and staff at Beyer High School. Even though they both have different responsibilities, they are equally important to every student and staff member. They both believe in every student at Beyer, their main goal is to give every student a chance to succeed. They want every single person at Beyer to do great things in life. They care about every student and want us to reach our life goals. Beyer High School would not be the same without them.